A plant based vegan lifestyle | Foods that vegan eat- vegan desserts, vegan donut, vegan cheese | What does veganism do to your body | Best vegan brands to follow
Thinking of turning into a vegan? Want to go for a plant based diet?
Well! You are not the only one turning into a vegan.
Every month more people are opting for plant based diet to get rich vegetarian protein.
People are taking up a vegan week challenge or a 30-day vegan challenge. Vegan people are completely discarding the dairy products and using animal-free products as a substitute for their daily intake of protein.
What are veganism benefits? How vegan food or a vegan diet change your lifestyle?
The boom in the plant based diet which are high protein vegan foods have numerous benefits.
Not only are they good for health but also beneficial for the welfare of animals and the planet as well.
Let us look at the ways in which a vegan diet or vegan food is beneficial for your brain and the body
1. Vegan diet for heart health
A vegan diet or a plant based diet can be a healthy and exciting option for your heart.
- A vegan diet rich in fibre and antioxidants helps lower the risk of heart disease.
- Vegan meals reduce cholesterol levels and less absorption into the bloodstreams.
- Include fresh fruits, vegetables, and legumes.
- A plant based diet helps in lowering the risk of heart diseases.
According to Dr Hana Kahleova,
“ A plant based diet not only prevents heart disease but also manage and sometimes even reverse it- something no drug has ever done” – Medical News Today
2. Vegan diet for weight loss
A strict vegan diet can lead to weight loss.
The fruits, vegetables, and legumes which you include in your vegan meal are low in calories.
- Non-dairy products and meat alternatives help you shed some pound.
- A vegan lifestyle helps you lose a significant amount of weight.
- With the help of the balanced number of servings and vegan diet, losing weight becomes an easy task.
- You can include vegan foods like- whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, and beans and legumes.
3. Vegan diet for bone health
Milk and cheese are good sources of Calcium. It is important for bone and dental health.
A vegan diet can have an extremely positive impact on bone health.
- Vitamin D and K, Potassium and Magnesium strengthen our bones.
- Vegan people who follow a strict vegan lifestyle or plant based diet have more efficient absorption of calcium and bone metabolism. This leads to the formation of new bone tissue.
- Choose vegan milk alternatives- almond milk, soy milk, and vegan cheese.
- Soy, fruits, and vegan vegetables are a good source of nutrients.
- Vegan people can add figs, spinach, kale, black-eyed peas and turnip greens as a good source of calcium.
4. Vegan diet for protection against chronic disease
Plant based diet reduces the risk of developing a chronic disease, such as type 2 diabetes.
- Plant based foods are rich in antioxidants which combat free radical cells that cause inflammation and cell damage.
- Plant foods have bioactive compounds that control biological factors that lead to the development of chronic diseases.
- Plant compounds control genes linked to tumour growth and cardiovascular disease.
Here are the interesting facts about a vegan lifestyle- that will make you GO VEGAN ASAP!!
Veganism or adopting a vegan lifestyle plant based diet has led to a global movement.
Veganism has led to the increase in consumption of vegan meals- vegan desserts, vegan cheese, healthy vegan protein diet in vegan breakfast, vegan yoghurt, vegan butter, vegan snacks and lots of other vegetarian food vegan meals.
- Being a vegan or adopting a vegan lifestyle can add up to four years to your life. That means vegans live longer when on a plant based diet!
- Vegan lifestyle leads to ending up of exploitation of animals.
- Vegans make good use of the precious resource on the Earth- WATER. One-third of the drinkable water is wasted in the meat industry.
- Being a vegan means a lesser risk of heart disease.
- Celebrate the World Vegan Day on 1st November with some healthy vegan desserts and vegan icecream.
- Adopting a vegan lifestyle can help to ease the problem of pollution. Since its the meat industry that contributes to the planet’s greenhouse effect!
- Being a vegan doesn’t stop you from eating your favourite food. You can opt for vegan burgers by removing a slice of cheese…or go for vegan tacos and even vegan cheesecake and vegan donuts. Delicious vegan appetizers are available all over!
- You protect a cow from the merciless slaughter… and forced breeding.
Here are your favourite food brands that have joined the vegan movement:
Starbucks has come up as the most vegan-friendly coffee outlet.
Vegan milk and vegan syrup- vegan starbucks has a plentiful supply of alternative options.
They serve vegan starbucks drinks- all coffees, all types of vegan starbucks frappuccino options, soy latte, vegan mocha syrup, and vegan starbucks tea.
2.Mc DONALDS VEGAN MENU
Mc Donalds has launched its vegan menu for plant based eaters in January 2019. The spicy veggie patty in the mcdonalds vegan menu is vegetarian. The bun used is toasted without the use of any milk or egg as ingredients.
In the mcdonalds vegan menu, you can ask for no mayo or sauce with your vegan burgers.
Their vegan breakfast has options- apple and grapefruit bag, hash brown, toasted bagel and vegan sides like carrot sticks, fries, and much more delicious vegan appetizers.
3. MIGHTY-0-DONUTS FOR VEGAN DONUTS
Want to indulge your sweet tooth without harming any animal? Well, today we have lots of vegan desserts options available near us that serve dairy-free vegan donuts.
Mighty-o has vegan donuts available for plant based diet eaters. Their vegan donuts are awesome! Some of the bestsellers are- the French Toast doughnut, spice cake doughnut with maple glaze, and powdered sugar dusting…much mmmmm…!!
4. SO DELICIOUS FOR BEST VEGAN ICE CREAM
So Delicious is a dairy-free brand that has vegan ice cream options available. It offers vegan alternatives- soy milk, cashew milk, coconut milk, almond milk-based vegan ice cream.
The vegan brand So Delicious is the most popular and easy to find dairy-free vegan ice cream brand.
What’s your take on the vegan movement? Let us know in the comments section…we’d love to hear from you!