Best Self- Development Books Of All- Time To Read
What you do when looking for a key to happiness and success in life? Obviously, we look for some good influential self-help books that might help in the self-developmental process.
Today in the times of fast pace and stressful culture, we try to look for a better advice, insight, and inspiration.
There are thousands of self-help books that have sprawled over the bookstores and online bookselling websites.
There is always a book that will help you in guiding you on the right path. Such books help you in motivating to change your life or your outlook towards life. A good book will help you realize that your fate is not set in stone.
Some books will help you to venture outside of your comfort zone, taking risks and ultimately achieving success and happiness.
LET US LOOK AT SOME OF THE BEST SELF- HELP BOOKS THAT YOU CAN READ AND FOLLOW NO MATTER HOW OLD YOU ARE!
- EAT PRAY LOVE- ELIZABETH GILBERT
- THE 4 HOUR BODY- TIM FERRISS
- THE POWER OF MEANING- EMILY ESFAHANI SMITH
- REJECTION PROOF- JIA JIANG
- QUIET- SUSAN CAIN
- OUTLIERS- MALCOLM GLADWELL
- DONT LOSE YOUR MIND, LOSE YOUR WEIGHT- RUJUTA DIWEKAR
- HOW TO STOP WORRYING AND START LIVING- DALE CARNEGIE
The book EAT PRAY LOVE by Elizabeth Gilbert is one of the best books for people in the search of self.
This self- help book has empowered millions of readers all over the world since its electrifying debut in the year 2006.
It is about the spiritual and personal exploration of a woman who spends time traveling abroad after her devastating divorce.
This self-help book is also the best chronicle for the people looking for relationship advice.
The book is deeply inspiring and both hilarious and heartbreaking at the same time. You will not be bored with this beautiful journey of self-exploration.
- The book remained on The New York Times bestseller list for 187 weeks.
- A 2006 memoir chronicles a woman’s self- realization through exploration of the world.
- The book was made into a film starring Julia Roberts in the lead role.
- Exploration of the concept of marriage.
- The Oprah Winfrey Show devoted two episodes on this book.
- You can also watch Gilbert’s most inspirational TED Talk to get some motivation in life.
The 4-Hour Body by American writer Tim Ferriss focuses on diet, exercise and sleep cycle.
This self-help book advices more on losing weight, building muscles and how to live a happy life forever.
The best part of the book is that it does not advocate the traditional diet routine like many other books. It rather teaches you to eat meals repeatedly.
You don’t have to starve yourselves to achieve an ideal body!
The book will give you 3 simple pieces of advice: eat simple meals repeatedly, ‘slow carbs’ are important and allow a cheat day in the whole week when all foods are allowed.
Also, learn about power nap and how to conquer a lazy day successfully.
- The book debuted at the top of The New York Times bestseller list and remained for 3 weeks.
- Benefit from the expert advice by elite athletes and also from the personal experiments by the author.
- Learn to reverse ‘permanent’ injuries
- Get immediate results on sleep cycle advice and weight loss techniques
- Learn to try on a few specific vegetables and lean protein to get better results.
Many of us think that finding the meaning of life is an esoteric pursuit.
Finding the source of happiness is not in traveling to monasteries or shuffling the pages of great volumes.
This self-help book by Emily Esfahani will help you discover the secrets to a happy life within us. The happiness is right here, right now.
She advocates that life must be meaningful: not the futile search for happiness.
The book is wise and stirring at the same time. Book by Emily helps us to learn that the search for meaning is far more fulfilling than the personal pursuit of happiness. Her writings on human experiences are far more reliable than the conventional life advice we see in today’s self-help books.
- Originally published in 2017 and remained in The New York Times bestsellers list.
- The book focuses more the making the meaning of life rather than the futile search for happiness.
- The meaning of our lives is within us. Right here right now.
- Learning of life is built upon the real-life human experiences of loss and achievements.
- The book is definitely recommended for people in search of a richer and more satisfying life.
Most of us have the greatest fear of rejection within us. The fear of rejection becomes destructive at times!
This self-help book will help you to conquer your fear of rejection. You will gain a new perspective on how to turn a no into a yes.
Jia Jiang in the book has written about rejection being less painful than what we believe. His own experience of rejection in the corporate world made him realize that he would not be let down by this obstacle.
The book will help you learn to develop self-confidence. Overcome the fear of rejection to avoid self-destruction.
The book will teach you to live boldly with some fun experimentation on how to overcome the fear of rejection.
- Published in 2015, Rejection-Proof became one of the bestsellers in self-help category.
- The book is about combating fear and leading life successfully.
- Accept and embrace rejection to turn it into a fruitful gift.
- Jiang’s inspiration has fueled millions of people with positive energy and confidence.
- An entertaining and inspiring account of overcoming the fear of rejection.
We know many people around us who are introverts. Are you among them?
At least one-third of the population today is introvert.
These are the people who prefer listening more than talking. Being an introvert in this world is really tough. Such people are considered weak with low self-confidence.
Susan Cain in her book argues the point that being an introvert is not shameful at all.
The self-help book Quiet by Susan Cain introduces us to the successful introverts who have extraordinary talents. According to Cain, introverts have made tremendous contributions to the making of our society.
This book will help you embrace the qualities of being an introvert.
- Quiet is still in the running of the bestseller self-help book lists in the world.
- The book will permanently change how introverts see themselves, and also how people see introverts.
- Beautiful real life examples of introverts like Rosa Parks, Chopin, Steve Wozniak and others who made contributions in the society.
- Filled with indelible real-life stories.
- By 2016, the book has been translated into 40 languages.
Get yourself into an intellectual journey of finding your own individual potential which is often ignored by society.
Malcolm has posed the question that what makes high- achievers different?
People look at successful people and what they have achieved. But they do not pay attention to what made them successful.
The backstage hard work and their background are often ignored.
The book urges people to look at the upbringing of successful people. The second version of the story of successful people is brought into light by Malcolm in his book.
- The book was in the top position of The New York Times bestsellers list and The Globe and Mail.
- Real life examples of successful people around the world.
- Enjoy the back to back narratives.
- Learn about what makes the high achievers different from the crowd.
- The questions posed in the book are worth pondering upon in one’s life.
The book teaches you to lose weight. But oh! Not at the cost of your favorite food obviously!
Rujuta has written this book in the funniest and easiest way. The diet advice is not written down in a conventional way.
The aim of a body must be to absorb nutrients and not fat. Fat is important but in the right amount. Nutrients are more important than calories.
For Rujuta, the only way to lose weight is to keep eating. She has always been against the idea of a crash diet and needless food cravings.
This new approach towards weight loss and healthy eating habits is easy enough to inspire you!
- Rujuta Diwekar is a leading nutritionist and a celebrity fitness expert.
- Highest selling diet book which has revolutionized the way one looks at eating habits.
- The book is strictly against the crash diet and needless food cravings
- The book is easy and simple to read with the easiest health advice
- Book will teach you to return to traditional eating habits and lose weight effortlessly.
Are you seeking a more enjoyable and successful life? Then this self-help book by Dale Carnegie is a good read this season.
The book was published long back in the year 1948. But the secret life advice in this is definitely applicable in today’s chaotic life.
The book will help you focus more on the important aspects of life within the everyday nuances of living.
The book has become world famous because of the practical formulas it offers which can be put to work in today’s fast-paced life. It is easy to apply and fascinating to read. It will inspire you to eliminate all the worries and anxieties with a happy and active life!
- The book is world famous with 6 million copies sold worldwide.
- Practical formulas can be easily applied in a fast-paced life.
- Life advises which will last a lifetime.
- The book will teach you to be yourself in this chaotic world.
- Life lessons will change and improve you.
Hope all of these self-help books will help you do better in your personal development journey.
What books do you follow to find the key to success and happiness in your life? Write in the comments section your favourite self-help book!