Best Bakeries In The World Every Foodie Should Visit- Top Places To Try Cakes, Pastries, Croissants, and Desserts
The smell of freshly baked bread, buttery cookies and caramelized Swiss rolls at the best bakeries are worth dying for!
There is nothing more tempting than the alluring smells at the best bakeries in the world.
If you’re reading this post then you are a pure lover of sweet, sugary, wrapped, and caramelized dough. Somewhere inside you wish you had been able to bake these goodies in your kitchen with the best bakery books while at your assistance.
The chewy loaves of fresh bread are unable to resist. Moreover, these remind you of home and introduce you to a new culture and cuisine. These goodies help you respite from the hustle bustle of the urban life and provide a delightful smell of the countryside.
The best bakeries which we have listed below are mouthwateringly beautiful inside out.
HERE ARE OUR TOP PICKS FOR THE BEST BAKERIES IN THE WORLD. ENJOY!!
- TAXINGE SLOTT CAFE
- JASON’S BAKERY
- LEVAIN BAKERY
- TAI CHEONG
- HEY COOKIE
- NEIL’S DONUT
- HAFIZ MUSTAFA CAFE
- JAARSAMA’S BAKERY
- CAFE DIGLAS
- GAGOU DE PARIS
A French luxury bakery, Ladurèe is most famous for its colourful and delicious macarons.
This world renowned bakery is over 150 years old with over 100 branches located all around the world.
They have over a dozen different true-to-life flavours of macarons like the rose, caramel with salted butter, red fruits, pistachio and many more!
The lines at this pastry counter can stretch out the doors on the weekend!
The flavours you must try:
• Rose Petal-Embellished with fresh raspberries, filled with rose petals and lychee cream.
• Vanilla macarons – Crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside with french vanilla buttercream.
• Pistachio– Sweet and nutty flavour with a hint of salt.
• Salted caramel– The perfect mixture of sweet and salt.
This bakery is world famous for its imperial style confectionery since the American Revolution times.
The café has a touch of elegance with beautiful mahogany wood, glass and chandeliers.
Demel has been featured in the list of top 25 bakeries in the world. Their sweet innovations like cakes and chocolates are legendary and historic.
Must try at Demel:
• Anna’s Torte– Special chocolatey cake with 3 layers of chocolate sponge and rich chocolate buttercream.
• Tea scones, fresh cream cakes and other skillfully handmade confectioneries.
• Wonderful spread of traditional desserts.
The grand atmosphere at the Demel will make you feel like royalty. You can also watch chefs decorating and baking cakes as you enjoy your own slice.
Also, enjoy their cake museum hidden in the back!
The café is located just next to Sweden’s third largest lake, Mälaren.
The cakes and biscuits at this café are freshly made and absolutely delicious. No doubt! The place is paradise for a perfect sweet tooth!
The outdoor surroundings at the café are amazing with a relaxed atmosphere and a nice view of the lake!
The cakes with strawberries, raspberries, cherries and tangerine whipped cream are scrumptious.
Must try at Taxingeslott:
• Over 60 varieties of home-baked desserts, pastries and fikabröd.
• Fruitcake with banana sponge cake and of course whipped cream.
• Princess cake Prinsesstårta– Alternating layers of sponge cake, vanilla custard, jam and whipping cream with bright green marzipan.
Enjoy the cup of coffee and scrumptious summer treats with beautiful relaxing nature close to water.
The Tartine Bakery is best for its bread throughout the country.
The flavours are incredible and the bread is so soft that it will melt in the mouth the moment you eat it!
The croissants at Tartine are enormous, flaky and crisp. People line up every day to get the special Croque Monsieur and a special loaf of Tartine’s country bread.
Must try at Tartine:
• Highest quality of bread and pastries.
• Cheesy Croque Monsieur- Asparagus and hot cheese upon the famous bread.
• Flaky, crispy and buttery morning buns with outstanding chocolate inside.
Jason’s Bakery is a contemporary shop where you can get all the sugary and savoury treats for your sweet tooth.
The shop is clad in wood with modern furnishings. With limited seating space, the bakery has an outside area which is big enough to enjoy glorious sunny days and crisp mornings.
The takeaway coffee and croissants at Jason’s is uber popular.
Must try at Jason’s:
• Wide selection of teas and fresh juices.
• Quinoa salad which is crisp, with orange, roasted almonds and dates.
• For a sweet start to the day, try the Challah French Toast with Vanilla crème and roasted apple.
• Lip smacking Carrot cake cheesecake is the reason people don’t mind queuing at the Jason’s.
The best chocolate chip Walnut cookies you will ever get is only at Levain’s!
People go crazy over their cookies and don’t mind lining up to grab the world’s best cookies.
The cookies are baked daily with the finest natural ingredients.
The food that isn’t sold goes to poor and hungry people o reduce the major problem of food wastage and hunger.
Must try at Levain Bakery:
• 6-ounce chocolate chip walnut cookies.
• Try out their all 4 flavours of the cookies- Dark chocolate peanut butter chip, oatmeal raisin, dark chocolate chip, and chocolate chip walnut.
• Try out their awesome crunchy walnut sticky buns which are served on Saturdays and Sundays.
• Taylor Swift and Ellie Kemper are some of the celebrities who enjoy their cookies.
If you are craving for some delicious egg tarts on your trip to Hong Kong, then Tai Cheong Bakery must be on the top of your list.
You just can’t miss their delicious and smoothest egg tarts!
The bakery is famous among the tourists for its creamiest and buttery crust of the egg tarts.
Established in the year 1954, Tai Cheong Bakery is ranked as the number 1 in Hong Kong.
Must try at Tai Cheong Bakery:
• The bakery has the reputation of serving the city’s best egg tarts.
• Piping hot, fresh out of the oven and buttery crust of the tart can’t be missed.
• Try their traditional Chinese pastries.