Geico is one of the biggest insurers in the United States owned by Berkshire Hathaway Group. This homeowners insurance company is the second-largest insurance company in the country. Geico homeowners insurance sells a number of insurance products that cover home, business, pet, and life insurance, but most widely known for its auto insurance. Homeowners insurance Geico is the cheapest car insurance company.
Geico does not offer its own home insurance, instead, it partners with third-party insurers. The customers who have homeowners insurance from Geico don’t know from which company the policy is from until they get a quote. Homeowners insurance customers who have a Geico auto insurance policy may qualify for a discount on their car insurance.
Also Check: Homeowner Insurance
Know All About Geico Homeowners Insurance
Geico insurance for homeowners covers you for a variety of situations that include damage of property and injuries that your guests sustain. This is applied to renters too. Every policy is unique, so it’s important to read all the paperwork. Review your coverage with your agent. He or she can help you understand exactly what is under the coverage. Most of the Geico policies include the following:
- Damage to the property from fire, natural calamities like wind, hail, and water
- Personal property such as furniture, clothing, dishes, and appliances
- Jewelry (up to the specified limit)
- Personal liability
- Medical bills
- Additional living expenses like the cost of the hotel
Home Insurance policies are individual. While most standard home insurance policies from Geico include these coverage options, some coverages could be excluded. It’s important to get your policy reviewed with a licensed insurance professional who might help you better understand what coverage you have under your policy.
Also check: Premium Health Insurance
Points Why Geico Homeowners Insurance is a great option
Homeowners insurance Geico could be a great option. It is the type of insurance you need. The rates charged are lower than what other companies charge. You can save a lot of money through bundling and discounts. Every year, Geico receives rankings that are high from prestigious companies like J.D. Power and AM Best. The homeowner’s insurance company Geico’s customer satisfaction ratings and financial strength have shown that it is an insurance company that can serve customers from a broad base.
- It is available in all 50 states: Homeowners insurance GEICO is available throughout the nation, which makes it easy to shop insurance policy. If you have homes in multiple states or might be selling your home and uprooting to another state, then Geico is the best.
- Good reputation: As far as complaints are concerned by the customers, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) there were a total of 348 complaints in 2020. This makes up only 1.018% of complaints in the U.S. market, which is a small fraction. And GEICO has received a good rating i.e., A++ from AM Best for financial health.
- Customer service agents available all the days: For all the assistance, you can talk to their representative any day of the week.
Why should I choose Geico Homeowners Insurance?
If you are on a strict budget, Geico can be an appropriate choice. The company’s rates tend to be lower than other companies. This might be due to the multiple discounts that Geico has. It also has a mobile app of its own and an online customer portal that helps solve all queries.
How can I get a quote from Geico Homeowners Insurance?
It depends on the type of quote you are seeking. For an auto insurance quote, you will need to submit personal details like your address, date of birth, driver’s license number, and the vehicle identification number (VIN) of the car you want to insure. If you have other drivers in your household, you will also need their basic details. For getting a home insurance quote, you will need your name and date of birth and some information about your house, like the year it was built, how old your roof is, and if you have updated any major systems.
How do I file an auto claim with Homeowners Insurance Geico?
The process at Geico can be completed online, over the phone, or through their mobile app. When reporting a claim to Geico, you will need to describe what happened, the location where the accident happened, and the date and time. It is also helpful to have policy information of yours and any other involved parties.